STEICO WOOD FIBER UNDERLAYMENT
The product is 100% wood Fiber Underlayment for laminate, engineered, vinyl, LVT and parquet floors. Approved by Florida building code sound control.
It is an underlayment manufactured in Poland by “Steico”, a German company.
It is one of the best-selling products in its category in Europe, and there are no other products with such qualities currently available on US market.
It is made of 100% wood fiber material, VOC free, containing NO artificial and carcinogenic additives. 100% eco-friendly, recyclable, made from wood of well-managed forests.
It was developed based on the innovative technology of the “Vapor Open” system, which differentiated it from other products in the underlayment category.
Since inception, the underlayment was received with great accolades due to it’s unique features and characteristics:
* Easy to handle and install
Can be placed only on immediate work area
Requires minimum use of tools. Can bypass obstacles such as piping and wiring using only one’s fingers, or any sharp object.
In rough spots on the concrete slab, it can easily be scraped to even the surface
* Highest sound insulating properties on the minimum thickness of 1/8”
Test results for 1/8” are: IIC – 55 dB , STC – 50 dB , Delta IIC – 25 dB
Improves the acoustic in the room, creating a “deep, solid wood” sound step
* Protects the click lock system of wood floors
Prevents breakage of the locks and squeaky sound while walking
Prolongs floor longevity
* Made from 100% raw wood material, without any artificial glue additives
The only binding material used is “Lignin”, which is a natural substance secreted in the process of milling wood.
* Space saving and convenient storage
due to its flat and rectangular packaging
* Installation yields practically no waste
* Extremely high durability, and sturdiness
Can withstand pressure up to 21.32 PSI
Prevents “floating” and “springy” effect when walking, keeps the floors hard and sturdy under your feet
* It compensate on minor unevenness in the concrete slab by a different mechanism than all other underpayments
Being somewhat elastic, but not soft, the underlayment “coats” the bulges in the concrete on it’s bottom layer, while remaining hard and sturdy on it’s top layer
* Because it is based on the “Vapor open” concept, the underlayment can dry rather quickly when exposed to moisture
In the event of minor floods, It has the unique ability to absorb up to 20% of it’s weight in water, without losing it’s physiothermal properties
Allows moisture permeability, therefore regulates the microclimate in the room, prevents stale smells and growth of mold