The Silencer SR™ Acoustical Underlayment with Moisture Barrier For Laminate and Floating Wood Floors
$45 per Roll
Silencer SR™ is suitable for all Floating laminates, engineered and hardwood flooring installations.
Offers the best support, moisture protection and sound absorption for your floors.
- Reduces floor noise by providing excellent sound absorption
- Provides cushioned comfort under laminate and floating wood floors
- The Silencer SR™has high density and compression resistance properties that enable your floor to perform to its fullest potential and last a lifetime
- The moisture barrier film and tape strip combine to lock out moisture and allow for quick and easy installation
- Eliminates minor subfloor imperfections
- Contains ultra•fresh™ anti-microbial which resists mold, mildew, and bacteria
- The Silencer SR™ adds insulation value with an R-value of .205
- Suitable for use with radiant heat flooring systems
- 100% recyclable, environmentally friendly, non allergenic and odorless
- Dry, completely cured concrete (at least 14 days old with HVAC operating)
- 3/4″ interior plywood or OSB flooring
- Waterproofing and crack-isolation membranes
- Cement backer units
- Subfloor should be clean and dry
- In geographic areas where concrete subfloors are subject to excessive moisture, a calcium chloride moisture test is required. Vapor emission readings in excess of 4 lbs. per 1,000 square feet in 24 hrs will require additional protection such as concrete sealant or polyethylene sheeting.
INSTALLATION Quick and easy installation* – requires no additional seaming tape, cuts with a knife
- Install The Silencer SR™ with film DOWN on subfloor
- Roll out underlayment with tape strip next to wall. Roll out next row in same manner butting underlayment close to first row ( do not overlap ) and covering the moisture barrier film. Remove the tape strip and secure the overlapping moisture barrier film.
- Install flooring according to the manufacturer’s installation instructions
*NOT for glue down installations
- Available in 3′ x 33.34′ (100 sq. ft.) rolls and 6′ x 75′ (450 sq. ft.) contractor size rolls
100% Synthetic SBR Rubber foam underlayment with attached polypropylene film
Thickness — .075″
Density — 14 LBS
Weight — 2.0 oz/sq.ft.
Moisture Barrier — with lip and tape sealing system
Antimicrobial Treatment — ultra•fresh™
Thermal Resistance — R-Value .205
Compression Resistance @ 25% — 10.6 psi
Compression Set @ 25% — 20%
Flammability Rating — Passes Federal — Flammability Standards DOC-FF-1-70
Smoke Density — Passes, 85 max
Product Emissions — Exceeds VOC emissions requirements, environmentally friendly
SOUND ABSORPTION PROPERTIES
Impact Insulation Class (IIC) This method is to measure the impact sound transmission performance of a floor-ceiling assembly (sound transmission through the floor)
IIC – Flooring – Sub-Floor
70 – Laminate/Engineered – 6″ concrete with ceiling assembly
59 – Hardwood – 6″ concrete with ceiling assembly
Sound Transmission Class (STC) This method is to measure the air-borne sound insolating property of a partition element for effectiveness in blocking sound
STC – Flooring – Sub-Floor
71 – Laminate/Engineered – 6″ concrete with ceiling assembly
53 – Hardwood – 6″ concrete with ceiling assembly
Delta IIC The db rating difference between a floor measured with an underlayment and with no underlayment
Δ IIC 22
ultra•fresh™ is a registered trademark of Thomson Research Associates Inc.